Sharing Me

Wednesday, March 9, 2016

This Water Tastes Like Feet

I was chosen to be a bridesmaid at my cousin’s wedding and I was SOOO excited. We got to get all primped and beautiful and spend a day supporting the bride and groom and taking fun photos. Honestly, weddings are my jam so I was so pumped for the day.


When the reception came, there was a long receiving line full of the bride and groom, their parents and all of the wedding party. We stood there in line shaking hands and making small talk. It was quite tiring considering that there were 300 plus guests at this reception. It was a mad house!


“These heels were a bad idea,” I thought. “No one will notice if I just…” I slipped off my heels and placed them behind me near the wall outlining the receiving line. I continued to meet and greet and act like no one noticed that I was 4 inches shorter.

The exhaustion really set in after 2 hours had passed of standing and talking. My mom, being the sweet heart we all know and love, was bringing me snack and drinks throughout the night to keep my energy high. One of my fellow bridesmaids became a good friend of mine that day. We had a blast laughing and talking and eating.


After more time passed I decided to slip my shoes back on so I could feel like a true professional bridesmaid. I sent my toe back to where I thought my shoe was but instead, I felt the cool sensation of dipping my toe in water! I removed my foot from its home under the sea and quickly slid both of my shoes on hoping that no one had noticed.

As I looked around, it seemed that my little foot swim had gone unnoticed so I began to relax. Within the next 10 minutes, my fellow bridesmaid friend decided she was thirsty. How do I know? Because she reached down and picked up the vary cup that served as a toe bath. Before I could stop her. She took a drink.

To this day, she still doesn’t know. Shhhh don’t tell.

xoxo Jess

Have fun stories you would like to share? Send them to me and you could be featured on my blog!


Follow my on Instagram @jess_sharingus

No comments:

Post a Comment