Sharing Me

Monday, February 22, 2016

Policeman's Flashlights are Bright!

For some reason, lying on the lawn can cause a huge ruckus. I was dating this boy and one evening we decided to go stargazing. We didn’t go far; we simply walked out of his apartment door and laid on the grass.  We brought two blankets out with us; one for under us and one for over us. I know, super romantic, right?

We laid there looking at the stars and talking until we both fell asleep. In all innocence, we drifted off in our puddle of blankets. Next thing I knew, there was a bright flashlight shining right in my eyes.
“Miss? Excuse me, miss?”




 I look up to see a man in uniform looking down at me. It took me a minute to realize what was going on but the reflection of red and blue lights off of the man’s black uniform confirmed to me that this was a police officer looking down at me.

The guy I was with uncovered his head and the cop jumped! “There is two of them,” he said. That is when I realized that he wasn’t alone. The parking lot was filled with two cop cars, an ambulance and a fire truck all with lights flashing.

“What in the world is going on,” I thought. The rest of the conversation was kind of a blur: may I remind you I had just woken up. He said he thought we looked like a hamburger and asked where we lived. At this point, we could literally touch my boyfriend’s apartment.

Before I knew it, the lights and officers were gone. That is when I finally had the chance to sit up and process the whole situation.

I must say, this is the most interesting interaction I have ever had with a police officer!

Turns out that someone had called the cops on us thinking someone had jumped off the building and hurt themselves or a hobo was sleeping on the grass or a drunk person had plopped down in the neighborhood.


I am proud to say we were none of those things and there were no more marks added to my permanent record.

No comments:

Post a Comment