Sharing Me

Monday, February 1, 2016

Contraception Fiasco

You may think kids say the darndest things but, it turns out, people say the darndest things. On this particular day, I say the darndest things.

In my media research class we spent the class period presenting research project ideas. We each took a turn to stand in front of the class and share our idea of a good research project. As we all know, all embarrassing things happen when you stand in front of a class full of college students.

            Well before I knew it, my turn came. I stood and walked to the front of the room. I started passionately explaining my awesome idea and the words were just flying off my tongue when all of a sudden everyone’s expression changed, almost to disgust. I had to back pedal to find out what was wrong.

            I have this obsession with understanding relationships and what makes them work most effectively. As we grow up in a family, we are treated differently based on the order we were born into a family. Based on our birth order, our characteristics are shaped as we adapt to our place in the family. I would like to research if birth order effects compatibility in a relationship. For example, I wonder if an oldest child gets along best with a youngest child because the bossy oldest child can spend time with the passive youngest child.

            As I explained this idea I was baffled as to why I was getting this weird stares; this was a great idea! As I retracted my words, I realized that rather than saying birth order I had said
BIRTHCONTROL!

I had said, “I want to look at the impact of birth control on compatibility in a relationship.” “Did I say birth control? I DID NOT mean that!” The whole class was cracking up. I laughed along but knew my face was turning red.

            My simply research idea presentation became a contraception fiasco. Oh the irony. So here is my embarrassing life for all to see! I love sharing my stories with you.


Have you been embarrassed in front of peers? Tell me your story! Comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment