Sharing Me

Friday, February 5, 2016

My Best Friend's Boyfriend


On a tropical excursion to Hawaii, I met my best friend’s boyfriend. My best friend, lets call her Becca because that is her real name, and I had the awesome opportunity to go to Maui with her family summer of 2014. Oh we had so much fun!

            It was a Tuesday when we found out it was an option for us to go. On that Friday, we were on our way to our dream destination. Not only is Hawaii an amazing place, but I was with my best friend; there was no way we wouldn’t have a good time. We definitely let the good times roll!

            On a low budget, we spent a lot of time laying in the sun and enjoying the beach. We also spent time talking to and meeting new friends. Meeting people on vacation is a BLAST! Everyone is happy and enjoying their vacation and who doesn’t want some more vacation buddies.

            One day, we were sitting by the beach, watching the waves roll. We were talking with a new friend that seemed pretty cool. I decided to make a run to the bathroom. On my way there, I passed a pair of guys sitting at a table. I noticed them; they noticed me.

            On my way back from the bathroom, one of them waved at me. I decided to talk to them! You know that anxious feeling you get when you are taking a chance? Yeah I definitely felt that. Food is a great conversation starter and, lucky for me, they were eating a pizza. I went out on a limb and asked,

“Do you need help finishing that?”

            Of course they wanted to share a pizza with me! I’m the coolest friend you can have. At least this is what I told myself to keep my confidence high. I started talking about how my friend was down on the beach and if they weren’t interested yet, having two of us undeniably spiked their interest.

            Becca and I spent the rest of the day playing in the pool with our new friends Dannie and Harry. We were playing water volleyball, doing pool stunts, drinking lemonade and showing them our high school show choir choreography (of course).  All in all, we had a blast!



            Through the rest of the week, we met up with them at the pool and the game room and continued to have a great time!

            Brooke and Dannie unquestionably hit it off. It has now been a year and a half later, they are still dating and loving it. Eleven months of long distance led to her moving to his city and they finally have the chance to spend time together.

            Thanks to me, Hawaii and some pizza, my best friend has her boyfriend. If only I could have found me a tropical hottie.

Have you introduced your friend to their sweet heart?
Tell me your story!
"This is how we beach" -Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment